To gain a deeper understanding of children’s development in PSED, to aid practitioners in providing and maintaining a provision that is emotionally secure for all children. Suitable for Early Years Teachers in nursery classes, Managers, Supervisors from preschools.
- To understand the Personal, Social and Emotional development of young children.
- To analyse the importance of our responses.
- To explore what influences children’s behaviour.
- To consider what children may be communicating through their behaviour.
- To review good practice in proactively teaching children the skills to manage their emotions.
- Recognise what all children need to feel emotionally safe and secure
- Understand what may influence undesirable behaviour
- Identify the settings role in supporting those children to manage their own emotions successfully
- Confidently implement strategies to proactively support all children’s Social and Emotional development
- How to analyse behaviour and write an individual risk assessment and individual behaviour plan
Day 1 of 3: EY PSED Implementing the Graduated Approach Part 1
Trainer: Karen Locke, Early Years Advisory Teacher
Future course dates as follows:
- Day 2 of 3: 12/10/2023 | 16:00-17:00 | Hill End Outdoor Education Centre, OX2 9NJ
- Day 3 of 3: 19/10/2023 | 09:30-12:30 | Online