NJC Grade 7 £14.53 – £15.64 per hour
Faringdon Learning Trust (FLT) currently have clerk vacancies within some of the Trusts schools and committees. Meetings will be held in person at school premises or via Teams.
The Clerk to the Governing Board has a key role to play in making sure all pupils at a school receive the highest standard of education possible and are able to achieve their full potential. Previous experience and knowledge of the workings of governing boards is desirable but not essential. The successful candidate should have experience in general clerical/administrative work.
The duties of a Trust Clerk include:
- Providing advice to the governing body on governance, constitutional and procedural matters, in line with the Trust’s guidance and procedures.
- Providing effective administrative support to the governing body, e.g. preparing agendas, taking minutes, circulating papers, etc.
- Ensuring the governing body is properly constituted.
We are looking for a person who:
- Has strong organisational skills, the ability to prioritise workload and good customer service skills.
- The ability to work on your own initiative as well as a mature and committed approach is essential.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are required.
- Has excellent IT skills.
- Can work at times convenient to the governing body, (evening work for the actual meeting, day or evening work for the preparation and follow up).
FLT support the professional development of its employees and as a Trust Clerk, you will have opportunity to attend regular support meetings to exchange information and keep clerks updated. You will also have the option to undertake an accredited NGA level 3 certificate in the Clerking of School and Academy Governing bodies.
You will be required to support the agreed number of meetings per year for which you will be remunerated for a minimum of 8 hours per meeting to support the preparation, attendance of, and follow up.
Please complete our online application form and direct any questions to the Trust Recruitment Team on: email@example.com
Faringdon Learning Trust are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all children and preventing extremism. We expect all staff and volunteers to share in this commitment. All post holders in regulated activity are subject to appropriate vetting procedures and a satisfactory Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) Enhanced Check.
Shortlisted candidates will be subject to online searches for publicly available information.
Faringdon Learning Trust is an equal opportunities employer, and we welcome applications from a range of backgrounds to represent diversity in line with our schools’ community.