Faringdon Learning Trust are seeking to appoint an inspiring and highly motivated leader to the position of Headteacher at Longcot and Fernham Church of England Primary School. This is an exciting opportunity for a supportive leader who has ambition to work with staff, governors and the Trust to deliver the schools aims and vision; “Together …we care what we do, we enjoy what we learn, we achieve! ”
The school was graded RI by Ofsted (Nov2022) with Outstanding for behaviour, Good for Personal Development, Quality of Education and Early Years and RI for leadership. The school is a small village school that has huge potential and has previously been an Outstanding school. Outcomes remain high and there is a talented and nurturing team within the school. Parents are supportive and children enjoy school and are very well behaved.
We are looking for a Headteacher who:
- Can demonstrate significant impact in a leadership role within a primary school;
- Can successfully set the strategic direction of the school with a clear vision to ensure the school is at least good at their next Ofsted inspection
- Is passionate about each child being provided an educational experience in which every learner thrives
- Is committed to working within a structure of Christian principles embracing the schools Christian values of Love, Honesty and Respect.
As part of the Faringdon Learning Trust, a nine school multi-academy trust established on 1st April 2012, we can offer the successful candidate:
- An exciting career opportunity with extensive professional development opportunities;
- Opportunities to collaborate across the Trust with a group of dedicated and hard working School and Trust leaders
- An outward thinking Board of trustees with a strong educational ethos committed to a journey of improvement.
We actively encourage potential applicants to visit our school. Please see our website for full details: https://www.longcotandfernhamschool.co.uk/.