Whether you are an Early career teacher, or new to managing a team, this session will introduce you to the essential principles for leading, utilising and cultivating the talents of your Teaching Assistants.
They are your most important resource and most valuable classroom ally – but are you using them to their full potential?
● What is the role of a Teaching Assistant?
● How can they add value to teacher input, without replacing it?
● How can you support your support staff to feel more appreciated, valued and confident in their role?
● To identify the changing and changed role of support staff.
● To learn the principles of effective TA deployment – 1:1, small group and whole class.
● To build cohesive classroom teams.
● To create more effective learning environments.
● To explore how the principles can be easily transferred to your classroom.
● To share and discuss classroom concerns with experts in the field.
This session is being run by Matt McArthur from Frank Wise School in Banbury, a special school for children and young adults aged between 2 and 19. It will give participants lots of practical ideas for achieving effective teams that impact directly on the most vulnerable learners in the classroom.
Cost: £30 per person